5 Easy, Healthy and Delicious Lohri Recipes from Dry Fruits
Why people Celebrate Lohri?
Lohri is one of the major festivals celebrated widely in Punjab and Haryana, however it is observed in the entire Northern India which makes it one of the most popular festivals in the country. Known as the festival of harvest and new beginnings, Lohri marks the end of winter.
Significance of Dry Fruits in Lohri
Dry fruits play an important role in Lohri as it is believed that dry fruits help in energizing the body and removing negativity from the body.
Wondering where you can shop for premium Lohri delicacies and want to know some dry fruit recipes? Happilo has your back.
Buy our premium lohri snacks and celebrate the festival in the happi-est way possible. Also check out our special Lohri Recipes made from dry fruits!
5 Healthy and quick Lohri Recipes Made from Dry Fruits
Dry Fruit Barfi:-
- 1 ½ cup dried figs
- 1 cup dates
- ⅓ cup pistachios chopped
- ¼ cup almonds chopped
- ¼ cup cashews chopped
- 3 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Firstly, take the roasted nuts over medium flame for about 3 minutes until you get the aroma and keep it aside.
- Take the dried figs and soak it in hot water for 8-10 minutes. Make a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Take the dates and remove the seeds from it and blend it to form a paste and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and heat the ghee, then add the fig paste. Cook it over medium flame for 3minutes.
- Add the dates and follow the same.
- Blend the roasted nuts with cardamon powder and cook for a minute.
- Put the contents on a pan and press the mixture evenly.
- Refrigerate it for 20 minutes and cut them into your desired shape.
Explore Happilo’s premium range of Dry fruit brittles and have your favourite Lohri snacks delivered in no time!
Dry Fruit Laddus:-
- Mejdool Dates
-A quick method is to just chop all the nuts and dry fruits with a knife.
-Make a paste of the Mejdool dates, Apricots and Figs well and add the chopped nuts and roll to balls.
Dry Fruit Halwa
- 1 cup seedless chopped Dates
- 1 cup chopped dried Figs
- 1/4 cup chopped Pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped Cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped Almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of Milk
- 2 tablespoons of Ghee
- To begin making the Dry Fruit Halwa Recipe,put all the nuts in the chopper to get roughly chopped mixture and keep it aside.
- Blend the dates and figs with 1 tablespoon of milk and ghee until you get the smooth texture.
- Add ghee to a pan and add the nuts and the dates and figs blend to the pan. Saute the dry fruit halwa until it gets well combined for 5 minutes. Keep stirring until the mixture comes away from the sides of the pan and then turn off the heat.
- To set into a pan, pour and layer this dry fruit halwa mixture into the pan and smoothen it.
- Cut the Dry Fruit halwa and serve.
Dry Fruit Modak
- Chop the nuts and dry roast them until they turn lightly golden. Blend- walnuts, almonds and cashews. You can also use peanuts or pistachios if you feel like.
- Cool them and powder in a blender.
- Add the finely chopped dry fruits, i.e, raisins, dates, apricots and figs.
- Mix until nuts and fruits blend well.
- Open the modak mould and remove the modak gently. To shape them without a mould, divide the dough to 8 to 10 balls and roll them smooth. Shape them gently and serve.
- 1/2 cup badam / almonds
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 10 strands saffron
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp water
- Soak almonds in hot water for at least 45-60 minutes.
- Soak saffron in a tbsp of lukewarm water and keep it set aside.
- Add 1/3 cup water to it and grind it to make it a paste. It should be grainy, not smooth.
- In a pan add almond paste along with sugar and saffron water.
- Mix well and keep cooking in medium to low flame. It will slowly start to thicken in a few mins.
- Add ghee while stirring continuously.
- It will gather as a mass, switching off at this stage will be ideal.
- Let it cool down for at least 30 mins and then serve.
Gift Happilo's Amazing Dry Fruit Combos this Lohri
Lohri is about celebrating the new beginnings with your closed ones. While most of your time goes out in decorating your home, we have a solution regarding what you can consume and gift your loved ones.
Happilo’s premium dry fruits & nuts are also an ideal gift idea for Lohri. Dry Fruit Combos contain Lohri delicacies that you can have guilt-free. Explore our range and get your snacks for Lohri at the comfort of your home. You can also order healthy and tasty Dry Fruit and date bars!
We ensure that your festive recipes are high on taste yet you can binge it without feeling guilty. Here are our suggestions that can make your festivals even Happi-er!
Do not forget to include these five nuts that will enrich your festivities as well as your health- Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Pistachios, Hazelnuts.
Explore Happilo's Other Offerings and New Launches!
Happilo is the one-stop destination for premium dry fruits & nuts.
Our products are made of 100% dry fruits & nuts. It is fresh and natural.
We are on a mission to make everyone snack in a healthy manner.
Grab our exclusive offers and new launches only on happilo.com!
Order the best quality dry fruits and have it guilt-free!
Lohri is the time of the year where we all enjoy delicacies that elevates the festivities. Some of the dry fruit sweets that we can suggest are very easy to make and won’t take much of your kitchen-time.
-Dry Fruit Halwa
-Dry Fruit Barfi
-Dry Fruit Modak
-Dry Fruit Laddus
It is suggested that dry fruit sweets should be consumed within seven days. The shelf-life is considerably longer depending on the particular sweet.
Lohri is an excellent time to give dry fruits. Not only does it keep the person healthy but also brings a smile on the face. Explore Happilo’s Lohri delicacies and combos exclusively curated for you that can be consumed anytime, anywhere. Not just Lohri, gifting dry fruits is ideal for every occasion.
Here are our suggestions that can make your festivals even Happi-er! Include these healthy dry fruits that will enrich your festivities as well as your health- Dates, raisins, figs, apricots and prunes.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.