Snacks for Birthday Party: 13 Smart Hacks to Amaze Your Guests
A hearty laugh, a blissful smile, surrounded by happiness, you blow the candles with closed eyes and make your wish as they chant ‘Happy Birthday’!
A birthday party is a gathering of the most loved people in your life. And, the best way to make it a hit, is to touch their hearts through the wonders of the tongue.
While snacks for a birthday party might seem like a puny point on your endless checklist of party arrangements, just pause and wonder, what would save you when the guests show up with friends, or when the cake isn’t cut yet and you hear rumblings of hunger, or even if you have a budget crunch but still want to throw an awesome party.
That’s right! Birthday snacks can be a really effective way of catering to your guests while adding awe to your arrangements. Having realized this important detail, we bring to you some amazing hacks and healthy snack options for your priceless special day.
Let us now delve into some awe-inspiring ‘snacks for birthday party’ tips to amaze your guests!
Snacks for Birthday Party: Ingredients Check!
Imagine yourself completely ready to start with your endeavours in breathing life to your party food ideas, and you end up spending 20 minutes just figuring out where what ingredient is, or even if you have all the essentials at home. Frustrating, right?
Let us begin with finalizing what snacks we will be serving and jot down every ingredient essential for these party food ideas.
For starters, let us consider an easy party snack- the pinwheel vegetable sandwich.
Ingredients you require:
- White bread/ Brown bread
- Bottles of Jam (for kids as an alternative to vegetables)
- Coriander (Dhania) leaves
- Cheese slices/spreads
- Raw veggies like capsicum, onion, carrots and cucumbers.
- Toothpicks (for presentation)
- Ketchup (of course!)
Let’s learn how to make a pinwheel vegetable sandwich that favours both kids as well as adults:
- To start with, let’s remove the crust from the slices of bread and collect them in a bowl (we can use these in some other fillings)
Now slice the bread into long strips and spread some Mayonaise/Cheese/Jam (who might not like it as much with veggies) on the base layer, we can dock three strips one-over- the-other and use a different spread for each layer.
Dress the topmost strip with some sauteed veggies (make them crispy and mix them with some tangy sauces).
Now all that’s left for you to do is roll all these strips together into a pinwheel and your sandwich is ready
An essential ingredient that would blend in perfectly with such sandwich based starters are roasted nuts, trail mixes and some sweetened/flavoured almonds shredded or cut diagonally to blend in with your veggie fillings and rendering them with a crunchy salty flavour.
Once you have finalized your list of snacks for a birthday party and procured all the ingredients, you can start with the cooking process!
Let us now go through some easy party snacks ideas that will help finalize your menu.
Finger-Licking Snack Ideas for a Party
What makes appetizers and snacks such a viable party idea is the fact that they work for both kids and adults. While quirky shapes and unique ideas can make you a superhero parent, they can also induce some awe and wonder among adults as well.
Let’s now learn about some easy homemade snacks for a birthday party for kids.
Kids love unique shapes, themes and colourful dishes. Make it a little crispy and you have the perfect snack for a party for kids. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
1. Samosa Chat Frankie
One dish that is an evergreen favourite among children is that golden brown, delicious, crispy Samosa. But isn’t that too basic to be a classy snack for a birthday party?
Here’s what you should consider doing!
First off, let’s make a healthy yet savoury filling and then wrap it up into a delicious package of Frankie:
Instead of using just a potato as the base filler, let us mix in some crispy sauteed veggies like capsicum, carrots, peas and onions along with some potatoes.
Add some roasted nuts and dry fruits to add flavour, health and crispiness to your filling.
- Once we have flattened the samosa dough into circular shapes, we can slice them from the middle and join the two corners of the semi-circle to form an open cone.
Stuff the samosa filling into this cone and we are just left with deep frying these samosas.
However, instead of deep-frying them and then later on struggling to remove the excess oil, just brush a light film of oil and bake the samosas in a pre-heated oven.
- Smash these samosas and mix them together with some Sev, trail mixes and crispy crackers.
Add ketchup and some mayonnaise (not too much) and your samosa chat filling is ready.
- Wrap it up in your Frankie and serve it warm
2. Cracker Sandwich with Bhel, Sev Puri and Trail Mix Fillings
Crackers might not top the list of fun snack ideas for a party, especially for kids. But, when you use it as a sandwich filled with some yummy, Bhujia Sev, with fresh-cut onions, cucumbers and some healthy trail mix with roasted nuts, dry fruits and a few lingering pieces of raisins, you end up with a unique, crispy and delicious Cracker Sandwich. You can also add some tangy sauces to add flavour to your fillings.
3. Quirky Fries
An easy homemade snack for a birthday party is a plate of quirky fries. You can easily purchase some frozen fries from the store and serve them hot and fresh when the party begins. If not, you can also make it from scratch at home.
Cut some potatoes in a circular shape and cover them in a thin coat of Besan and deep fry them until they turn golden brown.
- You can also hand-prick a smiley on the potatoes before frying them to make them unique.
- If that’s too cumbersome, simply buy some shaped moulds that can be used to cut the potato in different shapes and then fry them for the kids.
An added bonus to this easy party snack is that you can also use it to keep the kids busy for a while. All you have to do is serve these fries with some cheese toppings, crispy toasts, and sauteed veggies and let the kids assemble their own unique dish based on their preferences.
4. Aloo Tikki Burgers
A burger is a delicacy that’s hard to hate for most kids. Let us see how we can use it to make a healthy party snack for our little ones.
You can easily procure readymade Tikkis from the store, but if you want to go all guns blazing for your kids, you can also, smash some boiled potatoes in a bowl.
Add spices of your choice, (turmeric, chilli powder, jeera, salt, pinch of pepper,) and some freshly roasted nuts and mix them all up.
Now mould them into round Tikkis, brush with some oil and grill them in an oven.
- Spread some mayonnaise, ketchup, and tangy sauces on a bun and lay some fresh leaves (cabbage or lettuce), slice some tomatoes and onions for a crunchy layer and place the Tikkis (patty) on it and you are done!
Awe-Inspiring Easy Party Snacks for Adults
While kids like it quirky, it may or may not work its magic on adults who might have an inclination towards healthy snack options that are a little more classy.
1. Tofu/Paneer Sandwich with Roasted nuts and Dry Fruits Filling
Tofu/paneer is a prominent name in the niche of healthy snack options and weight loss diets. But, guess what, it is also an easy homemade snack for a birthday party, especially if we are dealing with health-conscious friends!
- For the filling, dice some tofu/paneer and mix it well with diced onions, capsicums, some peas and a pinch of salt and chat masala.
- If your guests like it spicy, add some diagonally cut green chillies into the filling along with some tangy sauces (Schezwan, hot chilly, a tad bit of soya sauce).
- Saute this mix in a non-stick pan and then take it out in a bowl.
- Add some roasted almonds, pistachios, or dried fruits to garnish this filling and dock them on triangular slices of bread.
- You can also mash and shape the sauteed filling to make a compact sandwich.
- Serve it hot with a tangy sauce and some spicy/sweet trail mix to add crispiness to this soft bread tofu paneer sandwich.
2. Crispy, Nutty Spring Rolls
The classic appetizer, spring rolls that we are accustomed to eating at fancy events and restaurants, in reality, can be an easy homemade snack for birthday parties.
Here’s a sweet twist on a classic veggie spring roll recipe:
- Chop some walnuts and dates finely and mix them with dry fruits and nut mixes which will form the majority of your filling.
- Deep fry the spring rolls and serve them hot, garnished with honey or a sweet sauce.
3. Fruit Salsa Bowls
In competition to being one of the easiest healthy party snacks, a fruit salsa bowl will add the perfect tangy, healthy harmony to your gatherings.
Add some honey and mix it well before adding it to small serving dishes pricked with some toothpicks for ease of consumption.
4. Dry Fruit and Nut Mix Sandwich
A dry fruit and nut mix sandwich, with its high protein and appropriate calorie content can be a healthy option for your friends and family.
All you need to do is:
Chop some pistachios, almonds, dry fruits and nuts and mix them well in a bowl.
Add some condensed milk for flavour and garnish it with some thinly sliced pista.
- Fill this mix onto triangle-shaped bread slices and toast them till they turn golden brown. Your dry fruit and nut mix sandwiches are now ready to serve.
Now that we have finalized a list of snacks for a birthday party, let us figure out what drinks we can add to our menu, that are not only delicious but healthy as well.
Healthy Drinks To Compliment Your Snacks For a Birthday Party
While crunchy munchies with a nutty garnish work as amazing appetizers, you would definitely need some healthy fruit punches to wash them down. We have curated a list of some healthy drinks that will complement your snack ideas perfectly.
1. Fruit Lassi garnished with Dry Fruits
Lassi is a traditional sweet drink that is easy to fall for! Add some fruit punches and garnish it with dry fruits and you have a heavy party drink to drive away all the hungry rumblings.
All you need to do is blend some curd, with milk, dried fruits, sugar (optional) and ice cubes. Garnish it with some finely chopped dry fruits or blend them in the Lassi and serve it in one of your fancy glasses.
Mediate the quantity you serve if you want your guests to save space for the main course!
2. Fresh Lime Sharbat
Most snacks for a birthday party tend to incline toward the spices and seasonings and the best way to emphasise all these tastes is a chilled glass of fresh lime sharbat.
Just blend some drinking water with ice cubes, sugar a pinch of salt and some fresh lime juice and you are done!
To make this refreshing party drink a little more healthier, we can also add basil seeds (or sabja seeds) which are a great source of protein and help in growing stronger bones and muscles, nourish your skin and also facilitate the production of enzymes in your body.
Desserts for a Sweet Farewell
Always end your birthday party on a sweet note, after all, it is a tradition in India to share sweets when you have a reason to celebrate! Here are some easy Indian sweets to make at home:
1. Walnut and roasted nut barfi
Walnut and roasted nut barfi is a traditional Indian sweet that can act as a great aftertaste to an evening of fun snacking!
- Roast some almonds and walnuts on a non-stick pan, cool and grind them coarsely.
- While this cools, add condensed milk to the pan (simmered) and some ground coconut.
- Mix it well and add the grounded dry fruits to this, keep mixing till the batter starts to thicken and binds together.
- Set this into a greased mould and let it cool. Your barfi is now ready.
2. Dry Fruit Custard
A simple and easy dessert for a birthday party is a bowl/glass of dry fruit custard.
There you go:
Get a packet of ready-to-make custard powder and add it to a vessel with boiling milk.
Keep stirring the contents until you see a uniform consistency.
Add sweeteners or condensed milk for flavour and garnish it with dry fruits and raisins.
- You can also grind a serving of dry fruits and blend it with the custard.
Snacks for a birthday party often seem like an insignificant matter compared to other arrangements on your priority list, but can actually leave a huge impact on your parties.
The dry fruit-based healthy snack ideas that we discussed in this blog will definitely make some heads turn and eyes bulge in wonder and awe.
You might also be interested in some amazing evening snack recipes to add to your menu for a wider palette of options for your guests.
Just ensure that you keep your ingredients ready beforehand and serve these dishes as fresh as possible!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Please agree to get whatsapp notifications