IPL is just around the corner and for all the cricket fans out there, this means every evening is going to be spent in front of the TV. But watching IPL is more than just watching a sport; it involves whole-heartedly supporting your favourite team, embracing your loved ones when your team scores and eating delicious snacks that power all your loud cheers.
While it may be tempting to stock your kitchen with junk foods during these buzzing times, it’s important not to compromise your and your family’s health. But it can be so hard to watch IPL without some match-time munchies. And is it really a cricket party without an assortment of snacks? Well, you can switch those greasy snacks up with some quick healthy snacks to make at home that tick all the checkboxes in being the perfect game-time gobbles.
Four Evening Snack Recipes
Healthy snacks are often boring and eating a bowl of cut-up vegetables doesn’t satisfy your cravings the way a bag of salty chips does. And many times, packaged snacks that are labelled as ‘healthy’ can be packed with preservatives, salt and other flavour enhancers. So what’s the solution? Make your own quick healthy snacks! Here are 4 simple evening snack recipes that’ll keep your family happy and healthy during the next IPL party!
1. Nuts Mix
A staple for every cricket party is a bowl of mixed nuts- especially when they are roasted and salted. Instead of roasting the nuts yourself, you can simply purchase this healthy oven-roasted party mix that is packed with lightly salted almonds, cashews and pistachios- the three types of nuts you need along with other naturally sweet dry fruits.
While you can find pre-made party mixes in any store, it is important to buy nuts that have zero preservatives and trans fats. At Happilo, you can be sure that you are purchasing premium quality products that make perfect guilt-free snacks.
2. Chocolate Date Balls
Bring the family together with these delicious healthy sweet snacks! This crowd-pleaser is bound to be everyone’s favourite; young or old. This easy evening snack recipe contains zero added sugar and can be made in 5 minutes! Here’s how to make these guilt-free snacks-
- For this recipe, you need 2 cups of pitted dates, 2 tablespoons of almond butter, a handful of mixed nuts of your choice, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, a dash of milk and a pinch of salt to enhance the flavour.
- When choosing mixed nuts, you can select an assortment of almonds How can eating nuts benefit your health? Here are 9 nuts that you could use in this healthy sweet snacks recipe.
- Simply blend these ingredients into a coarse paste and roll them into small balls.
You can even coat the balls in dried coconut, crushed peanuts or even sprinkles to add a fancy and delicious touch to these healthy sweet snacks!
3. Broccoli Kaju Tikki
A great homemade finger food recipe that is guaranteed to please your family during your next cricket party is this Broccoli Kaju Tikki. Here’s how to make this quick healthy snack-
- Stir fry 1 cup of grated broccoli in a teaspoon of oil. Add in green chillies, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Once your broccoli cooks through, add in a handful of crushed peanuts and cashew nuts to the mixture and allow it to cool.
- Once it is cool, add in half a cup of grated cheese or tofu and mix. You can now mould your mixture into tikkis by hand and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry your tikkis till they turn golden brown on both sides. Alternatively, you can even place them in the air fryer or the oven. Your evening snack recipe for your next cricket party is now ready.
While this evening snack recipe may be more time-consuming as compared to other snacks to make at home, it contains the goodness of fresh broccoli with nutritious nuts to give you the ultimate homemade finger food recipe.
4. Roasted Chickpeas
A great way to incorporate protein into your evening snack recipes for your next IPL party is by adding some roasted chickpeas to the mix. Chickpeas are a great source of protein and fibre, while also being naturally low in calories. You can easily pick up a bag of roasted chickpeas during your next grocery run but look out for added fats, salt and preservatives that may come along with the chickpeas. Ensure you read the label thoroughly to watch out for ingredients that are unhealthy.
If you want to make your own roasted chickpeas with this simple homemade finger food recipe-
- Simply place some soaked and boiled chickpeas onto a baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil with salt and spices of your choice.
- Once evenly coated, place the baking tray into a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 200°C and bake till crispy.
- You may need to check on the chickpeas a few times and toss them around so they are evenly crispy.
While it might be hard to keep to a healthy diet during your IPL party, incorporating these light evening snack recipes makes it easier to stay fit and happy while watching the big game with friends and family.
As the title sponsor of Rajasthan Royals, Happilo aims to deliver healthy snacks for you and your family to enjoy during this IPL season.Whether you are on the lookout for guilt-free snacks, read recipes on snacks to make at home or want to learn more about healthy snacks for weight loss, Happilo is the place for you. They offer a wide range of premium quality nuts, dry fruits, trail mixes and much more that is meant to satisfy all your cravings without any guilt. With the help of international suppliers from the US, Afghanistan, Thailand, Happilo brings you the tastiest produce without compromising on quality.